Being active should be a daily family activity. Here’s why :
- Less tantrums - Children are full of energy, and when they are not able to spend all of it they can get cranky and be tantrum prone. Just 30 minutes of family activity a day can help reduce the likelihood of tantrums, get everyone fitter and healthier and offer yet another opportunity for quality time.
- Good for the body, good for the mind - Being more active can improve emotional well being by making you feel relaxed and releasing endorphins. So go ahead and have a great walk, a fun game of cricket, or even a cool dance party with the kids. This is wholesome family time spent and the children will treasure these moments in the future.
- Healthier diets – Getting active together also influences families to start eating healthier. Eating better diets is easier when everyone in the family is on the same page, as it leaves no room for temptation. So mix it up, do a different fun activity each day and stay moving.
Here are some great ways to get you and your family active everyday:
- Play with your kids - It could be running races, a game of badminton or just going for an evening swim. Get out with your kids and move move move!
- Start a family hobby - Why not start yoga or cycling as a family? There is much to be learnt and enjoyed when the family makes a commitment as one.
- Involve your animal family members – Try to build activities around your pet. For example if you’ve got a dog, start a local dog walking club down your street. This is a great way to help your kids socialise and build camaraderie with their peers, while spending some quality time as a family.